ShopWindow Forum  

Go Back   ShopWindow Forum > ShopWindow Client Software v3 > Template Design and Editing v3
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 20-02-12, 22:13

Templates for v3

Hi,

I am a total newbie to ShopWindow. I was just wondering if there are other templates for v3 other than the default? Seems previous versions had the ability to download off the shop window site??

Also is there any guides or tutorials that show how to add products etc to my site? The setup guide that i found on here helped me install onto the server but thats about it....now im lost. The guide says to add my affiliate ID to the ĎAPI_USERIDí within constants.inc PHP file but no mention of ĎAPI_USERIDí in the file.

Any help would be appreciated. Feel like this is going to be a looong journey.

Thanks in advance
Old 27-03-12, 19:30
ShopWindow Pro

It only comes with the default template these days, everything else is down to the user to figure out.

There's loads of little guides for getting you up and running on here from the early days, most of that stuff is still fairly relevent.

In the constants.inc.php there is fairly little to edit really.

The main one is API_KEY cause that is the one that dictates whether it will work or not.

Other than that, you can have it display errors, say whether adult content will show or not, set the default names for categories, set the caching, state what boolean searches can be done, set search limits and whether related products show. Most of it can be left pretty much as is while your getting used to the scripts.

The main area for change is the templates, that's what'll make it all look and feel unique to your own liking.
Closed Thread