Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27-06-10, 20:12

removing the post?

just removing the post

Last edited by deekstar : 30-06-10 at 13:56. Reason: no response to first try
Old 01-07-10, 10:16
Product Manager

Hello deekstar,

I am disheartened to see that you have removed this post because you believed that there was a lack of interest in finding a fix. I think that this is a valid post and highlights a problem that I want to address.

In ShopWindow we have a product approval system that scans merchant datafeeds upon import. This system will throw out products that do not conform to the standards set in place such as a product missing a title or missing an image.

The problem that you raised has slipped the net because the merchant has technically included an image, it is just a shame that that image is a "no image available" one. Our system sees a genuine image URL and so has no reason to think it erroneous.

I have let the account manager know about this and they will pursue this with the merchant.

Regards

George Fletcher
Product Manager
Digital Window Ltd
Old 02-07-10, 02:19

Thanks for the reply George

Thanks for the encouragement to stick to our guns when we have a genuine concern and the pursuit of sorting things that need attention. I was just avoiding putting one and all in the spotlight about these little issues, don't like complaining about things that in reality should be amazing. I am not disheartened, just bewildered because apart from some incredibly silly product results still appearing or not appearing in the shop window search engine results, you yourself just said in this reply "you want to address this issue with the no image images" and you are on the team! So I don't know what to think frank quitely.
I'm sure most of us want the websites running smoothly without having to come here and feel like we are causing any friction by pointing out something as ugly as these images that were never there before. It's like somebody suddenly comes along and throws jam all over your painting, we've invested so much time and energy in these projects. I don't really know what to say except, I hope the account manger gets these no images sorted yesterday.
Actually it would be quite funny for us to suspend a merchant for a change because of dodgy image displaying! Funnier things have just happened in the world cup and it's a multi trillion dollar industry!